Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Freezer Cooking: The results!

Well, after just a couple of hours work this morning I had eight meals made and four and half dozen oatmeal chocolate chip cookies baked and bagged.  I'm planning on using the meals in January when school starts up again (especially during parent teacher conference week).  The cookies are going to be brought to two family Christmases.  I am very happy with the results.


My husband will be very glad that I used the mixer that we got as a wedding gift (it sits on the counter most of the time-but I tell him that in the future when I am cooking for more than just two and when I learn more about baking I'll use it).




I bought one large green pepper which was much more than I needed for the chicken tetrazinni recipe.  I learned on Money Saving Mom's blog that you can freeze green pepper when it is chopped up.  So, I chopped up the whole pepper, used part of it, and froze the rest.  Evidentally, you can freeze a lot of leftover things (today I froze the extra chicken broth).  This is great news for people cooking for two!



The final results: large pan of Easy Chicken Bake, large bag of Chicken Tetrazinni, large pan of Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole, and 4.5 dozen cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails