Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Freezer Cooking Day: Part 1

This morning I have scurried around getting my husband off to work, laundry started, and dishwasher going (oops we forgot to run it last night!).  I was looking through the recipes one last time this morning to make sure that I had everything and decided to change the Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice recipe to this easier variation.  I had not noticed that on the first recipe there was a fairly difficult sauce to make.

Freezer cooking is not only nice because you have less clean up and cooking time on weeknights, it can also save you time cooking altogether.  By combining the times it would have taken me to cook up the chicken for three nights and doing it in one shot, I've bought myself some time.  This only works if you plan ahead when you freezer cook (i.e. don't make each recipe separately).  Try to use recipes that use many of the same ingredients.

Here's the plan for the day:
-thaw chicken (oops I forgot to do that last night!)
-make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
-chop up green pepper
-cook chicken
-cook noodles
-cook veggies (frozen broccoli, frozen mixed veggies)
-cube chicken
-make stuffing
-make rest of Farmhouse Chicken recipe
-make rest of Chicken Tetrazinni recipe
-make rest of Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole
-freeze everything
-clean up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails