Friday, November 6, 2009

Freezer Meals Update



This week we actually baked one of the lasagnas I froze last week (Go here to see details of my baking day).  It actually turned out to be delicious!  I was so proud that it wasn't a catastrophe (let's just say that I have a lot to learn about in the kitchen).  I must say that I have learned more from this trial run than I ever would had I just continued to read articles on freezer cooking and not actually tried it.

Just a few of the things I have learned:
  • Make sure to let the lasagna completely thaw out unless you want it to take two hours to bake (and our lasagna was a little lasagna).
  • Be careful with the foil... a small tear can equal a large mess.
  • If you line your pan in foil and put the lasagna in it, it will not taste at all like metal when you bake it (one of the websites online said to be wary of using foil because it will make your food taste like metal, but I used foil anyway).
  • It is as great as they say to be able to come home (or in my case, phone home to dh) and put in the freezer meal and be able to enjoy your evening without having all of the mess and work involved with cooking (plus you get a delicious meal!).
Right now our freezer is still fairly full, but I cannot wait to try some other freezer recipes.

**********************
Have you tried freezer cooking before?  What tips and tricks do you have?  Share your ideas in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails