Thursday, October 29, 2009

Baking Night Adventure

A last minute change of plans meant that I would be gone all of today, which was my planned baking day.  Yesterday I was determined to not give up on my baking day experiment, so I decided to do half of the baking on Wednesday night and the other half on Friday.  On Wednesday, I didn't get home until late.  Then, I quickly educated myself on the art of freezing dinners before partaking on my first ever baking night.  First I made sure to empty the dishwasher.
 
 Before unloading...a dishwasher full of clean dishes.

After:  A wonderful dishwasher ready for action!

Next, I laid out all of my recipes...


It was very exciting because I had a deadline.  I started baking at 6:30 and my husband was going to come home at 8:30.  My goal was to have completed three small lasagnas, one meatloaf, and a pan of rice crispy bars and have the kitchen cleaned up by the time he would come home.

After reading this article, I decided that it would be easiest for me to make up the lasagna and meatloaf in pans covered in aluminum foil.  I chose to not bake the lasagna before I froze it.  We'll see how they turn out when we bake them later.

By the end of the night I my freezer held three small lasagnas and one meatloaf.  I even was able to make the bars and put them in the refridgerator to harden.  When my husband came home the kitchen was clean and I was happy knowing that I already had at least four dinners ready in my freezer.  Friday I am hoping to make up the pizza dough and get the rest of the house cleaned.

Here is a picture of the fruits of my labor.

Hopefully this will turn out to be one of the best timesaving ways to make healthy meals for busy weeknights!  I hope that this inspires any of you out there who have never tried cooking freezer meals.  It was really just as easy as cooking the meal itself, so if you can normally make the recipe you should have no problems freezing it and enjoying it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails