Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Favorite Finds: Living it Up!

I am linking up with Finding Joy in My Kitchen for Friday Favorite Finds.  This is Good Friday and although we should be mournful, I can only think of the joy of Easter!  This will be the living it up version of Friday Favorite Finds.

First, to celebrate (in the perfect world) prime rib from Food and Wine!

My brother is actually an amazing chef and he made this at home for someone's birthday.  According to him it is the easiest thing you can make as long as you get good meat.  I don't know about that, but I do remember that it was melt in your mouth delicious!

As a side dish to your mouth watering meat you definitely have to have tasty potatoes!  These potatoes (from All Recipes) were made in the crock pot.  What a great way to free up the oven for the meat!

Now I know this is a little backwards, but that is how I think (mmmm.... meat and potatoes.... oh right.. we should probably have healthy sides with that), we need salad.  A nice salad with some strawberries would be in order.  My husband's aunt makes salads similar to this and they are delectable!  Here is a link to a Strawberry- Cucumber- Spinach salad from Cafe Johnson.

To add even a bit more green and to help remind us spring is almost here (I saw a tree bud on my way out from school) maybe we could add in a bit of roasted asparagus.  This one comes from Simply Recipes.

I always like a bit of homemade applesauce as well.  It can't be from the store for this meal.  It must be homemade.  This one comes from Jungle Frog Cooking.

Now I think that the apple sauce is pretty much like dessert.  However, it is hard for me to finish a meal without chocolate.  I've got a major addiction, but I'm okay with it.  At this point I would be bursting at the seams so a nice mini snickers cheesecake would be perfect.  I found this one from Indulgy.

What a finale to a perfect Good Friday Finds imaginary meal!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great Easter menu!! We make "baked" potatoes in the crockpot a lot and after starting doing so, I won't use the oven again.

    Homemade applesauce is the best.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails