Monday, June 21, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: 6/21-6/27


It is the official beginning of summer!  It has definitely arrived where I live.  We have been enjoying the warm weather on the lake.  I have been settling in to the new summer routine (vs. hectic schoolyear) and have learned that even though I now have a lot of time to cook, I dread it.  I am definitely not a 1950's housewife. 

Being a problem solver, I figured I needed to solve this problem of the "angst" that I felt every night when I had worked hard all day and still had dinner hanging over my head at night.  Turning on the stove seems like the most awful thing to do when the house is heating up from the summer sun.  I have found three possible solutions:
1. Cold meals- not easy to find suitable with a meat/potatoes husband
2. Crockpot/Homemade microwaveable dinner: lots of possibilities
3. Freezer meals- my personal favorite:)

This week I am back to freezer cooking.  I am really looking forward to being able to just thaw something out and put it in the oven/microwave/crockpot/stove on any weeknight where I don't want to be "chained" to the kitchen.  I really like being free to help my husband in the evening, so easy "heat and eat meals" are perfect for me.  Here's my menu for the week:

Monday: Chicken, green pepper, mushroom BBQ kabobs (just brush BBQ sauce on the kabobs and grill until they are done)

Tuesday: Parmesan, Chicken, and Broccoli Noodles

Wednesday: Ground beef tacos

Thursday: Burgers on the grill

Friday: Chicken & Wild Rice Crockpot Casserole

Bonus Meals: Egg salad sandwiches/ cold meat sandwiches

**Freezer Meals**
Sausage Hash
Garlic Ranch Chicken
Pizza Calzones
Breaded Smothered Chicken

**Bible Study Snacks/Desserts**
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Fudgy Oreo Icecream Dessert - use homemade hot fudge recipe

For more menu ideas visit Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

  1. That chicken and wild rice dish sounds great! I can't say that I've made that before!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails