Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: 3/21-3/27



Ooops!  This is a bit late getting posted.  This week I looked through some of the cookbooks that I had been given and looked online a bit and just felt uninspired.  Everything either required way to many ingredients (which is a problem for those who are making just enough for two) or sounded way too bland. 

I was working on this at the table and complaining  explaining to my husband my difficulty with this when he said he would help me.  He promptly picked up a cookbook flipped through a couple of pages and said, "This looks good.  How about this?"

I looked at the recipe and it was different - stirfry in a taco essentially.  It was something that I would have never tried, but because he chose it I figured we might as well try it, especially since we already had almost all of the ingredients.  I made it up tonight (with some modifications of course- I didn't have plum sauce or teriyaki sauce, so I used some Asian Sesame marinade and soy sauce).  It turned out to be really pretty tasty.  It was soooooo easy.  I thawed out some grilled pork chops, cut them up and "stir fryed" them in a pan with some of the marinade, soy sauce, canola oil, and a bit of sesame oil.  Once the meat was heated I added in the stirfry veggies and kept it on the stove for a few more minutes until the veggies were all cooked.

Finally we put that filling in warmed up taco shells and had a yummy and easy dinner!

Here was the plan for the week:

Monday: eat with family

Tuesday: Stir fry tacos

Wednesday:  Hamburgers on the grill (first time this season!), cut up fresh fruit/veggies

Thursday:  Bean/rice burritos (I've never made them without meat, so we'll see how it goes)

Weekend:  Crockpot Beef Arm Steak/Potatoes/Carrots/Onions

For more menu planning ideas, visit Orgjunkie.com.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! The stir fry tacos sound good! My hubby would probably enjoy that--he loves pork chops and anything taco-ish. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails