Saturday, October 31, 2009

Super Savings for Groceries



This week I went to Lance's New Market which is a local grocery store.  There are seven of them in northern Indaina, so if you live near one take advantage of their coupon policy.  They have amazing deals on the weekends.  They have triple coupons up to $0.50 and double coupons up to $1.00 on Thursday-Sunday.  I normally would never shop there until they started this new coupon policy because their prices are much higher than most stores and they have very limited selection.  However, now with this new coupon policy, I try and take advantage of the coupon sales at least once a week.  They also have a pump perks program which will take a certain amount of cents off per gallon depending on what you buy.  For example, this week you will receive $0.10 off per gallon of gas at a local station if you have bought a bag of M&M's.  The pump perks can really add up, and now that I drive a long distance to the school I teach at, this has really helped reduce the amount I am paying for gas.

This week I went and was able to buy $43 worth of groceries for only $21!  I have to admit most of the items I purchased are all in my opinion j-u-n-k, but my husband likes most of the items I bought to eat as a snack or with his lunch at work.  Also, I bought an 8 pack of paper towels on a great sale and paired it with a coupon.  I only use paper towels when I am windexing mirrors, so those should last me forever.  My husband thought that I was rather peculiar because I never use paper towels, and only use rags and towels.  In the end, it saves us a lot of money.  Paper towels are rarely on that good of a sale, so this works well for us. 

If you are scratching your head and wondering whether we are going to live on frozen pizzas and poptarts, don't worry.  I believe in the "buy ahead" principle, and so our cupboards and freezer are full of good nutritious food for meals.

Highlights from the trip:
Free hair gel ($1/1 doubled)
Free spices ($1/1 doubled)
$0.39 dryer sheets ($1/1 doubled)
$3.50 for 8 paper towel rolls ($0.50/1 tripled, plus a sale)
$4.50 for two gigantic bags of candy (50% plus two $2/1 coupons really brings down the price!)
$0.60 pizza ($0.40/2 tripled)
$1.00 Poptarts ($1/2 doubled)
$1.00 Special K bars ($0.50 tripled)
$1.60 Cereal (not a very good deal, but we needed it) ($1/1 doubled)

Did you find any good deals this week?  Leave your deals and links in the comments section.  I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails