Saturday, October 24, 2009

Meal Planning Weekend Edition

Meal planning is one of the most important items on my weekend to-do lists. Due to the hectic schedule on weekdays, I have found weekends to be the best time for me to do meal planning. Meal planning keeps me from ordering out on weeknights just so I don't have to think about what to cook up.

Many moms out there plan all meals, snacks, lunches, and dinners for very large families. I believe that I will be able to do that someday. Since there is only two of us at this point, meal planning is fairly simple and consists of mainly planning dinners. We are both pretty content with just cereal and Carnation Instant Breakfast for breakfasts, and for lunch we eat leftovers and my husband eats out due to his jobsite.

This week is a strange week as I will be gone on Monday night, dh will be gone on Wednesday, and my school is on Fall Break both Thursday and Friday. I hope that either Thursday or Friday I can have my first ever baking day! My hectic schedule at the school keeps me late many nights, so I am going to try for the first time, to make some freezer meals.

Monday night:
-I will be traveling to a baby shower that is a two hour drive away, so my husband will be on his own.
Frozen Pizza (my husband's guilty pleasure)

Tuesday night:
Sausage and Mixed Vegetable Casserole

Wednesday night:
-My husband will be traveling home from a convention for his work, so I'll be home alone.
Leftovers

Thursday:
-Fall Break! I hope to make this a baking day!
Lasagna
Salad

Baking Day Items:
2 Freezer Lasagna
3 Freezer Pizza Doughs
1 Freezer Meatloaf
1 Pan Rice Krispy Treats

Friday:
Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails