Friday, June 11, 2010

Frugal Fitness Friday: Map My Run



Last week I brought to you the Couch to 5k program online.  You can also go directly to the program by this link.  This program helps you go from sitting on the couch to being able to run 5k in 9 weeks.  If you are feeling stuck, because you don't know how far you are running currently, fear not, I have found a new online fitness freebie.

Map my Run is free program that allows you to "draw" the route that you take when running, walking, biking, etc. to determine the distance travelled.  It will make note of mile markers (how far you have until you have gone 1 mile, 2 miles, etc.).  It allows you to choose "up and back" and "loop".  They also have a workout calculator which will determine your speed, calories burned, and bmi.  They are in the process of testing a new format- which is the beta site.  If you create a free account, you can save your routes and join "teams".

I have used this site this summer.  I live in the country, so there is not a lot of choices for routes, but I really like knowing how far I have run.  It really helps me push myself to go a little bit farther each day.  The only draw back is that you have to sit through a 30 sec ad when you first visit the site.

If you are running to lose weight, help feed the needy by recording your pledge online.  Read about it here.

Feel free to visit my past posts reviewing these free fitness websites:
Couch to 5k
Yoga Today
Livestrong
Women Workout Routines
My FitnessPal
Military Workouts
Exercise TV
SparkPeople

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails