Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thrifty Thursday: Cheap Sunscreen at CVS


During the summer my husband and I go out on the lake with his family a lot.  We go through a lot of sunscreen.  This week at CVS, if you buy two Coppertone Sunscreens at $10.49 each, you get back $10 ECB.  That made each bottle $5.50 each.

I sweetened the deal by using two $1/1 coupon printables (I got it off of coupons.com, but I believe that it is no longer there).  Now the final price: $4.50 each.

I used the 2 ECB's that are printing at the in store scanners that only last 3 days.  New final price: $3.50 each.

I used a $5/$15 coupon that had printed on a receipt that expired that day.  New final price: $1 each!!!

I ended up picking up the bag of Skittles for my husband, so that I could use some of my other ECB's.  I'm so excited about this deal, because the spray kind of sunscreen is absolutely wonderful because my husband always wants me to put on his sunscreen so that he won't miss a spot (he had a bad experience with this in the past).  The spray kind really speeds up the process!  So if you are ever wondering whether it is worth reading through all of the CVS deals each week, I and many others would definitely say yes!

For more thrifty ideas visit Coupon Teacher.

1 comment:

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails