Monday, February 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: 2/15-2/19


Today is President's Day and I have the day off!  Yippy!  I thought about doing a crazy baking day, but instead I think I will visit a bunch of different family members and help my mom start packing up her kitchen (my husband is helping remodel it).

Also, I will finish my month off as planned (since I planned for the entire month), but starting in March I will be trying out some recipes that are good for people with high blood pressure.  This runs in both my husband and I's families, so I thought it would be good to start preventing it when we are young.  Here's the plan for this week:

Monday:  Crockpot BBQ chicken (basically I have a bag of chicken pieces, and I have poured BBQ sauce on top and put in the crockpot- my sil says this works great, but this is my first time, so we'll see!), sides: mashed potatoes, salad, clementines and cut up apples

Tuesday:  Freezer Egg and Sausage Casserole, (I have to admit I am a bit nervous on how this one will taste-I have never frozen it before.) If it bakes like it usually does it should look like this:

Recipe (this one can easily be changed depending on how much you want to make)
1 lb spicy ground sausage, browned and drained
1-1/2 c. to 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
8-10 eggs
6-8 pieces of bread, cubed
1-1/2 c. milk

Directions: Mix milk and eggs together.  Then add cheese and sausage.  Finally add in bread.  Pour into a 9"x13" pan and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Wednesday: Dinner at church
Thursday: Sloppy Joes (my dh's favorite), pickles, peas, and apples
Extra meal: Pizza Pasta Casserole (I still haven't made this one yet)

Go here for any of the following coupons that could be used on this week's meals:

$0.75/1 Dole Salad Mix
$0.55/1 Crisco Non-Stick Cooking Spray
$0.50/2 Green Giant Frozen Vegetables
$1/2 Litehouse Dressing Products
$0.30/1 Diamond Kosher Salt

Visit OrgJunkie for more menu planning ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails