Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Plan 2/8-2/14


I won't be cooking much at all this week, but I decided that I would post anyway.  For a frugal Valentine's Day pizza go to the end.  Here's the breakdown:

Monday: Eat with my parents (my husband is helping my parents to update their kitchen, so we went over to talk about the design)
Tuesday:  Eat with my husband's parents (we haven't met with them for a while)
Wednesday:  Dinner at church
Thursday: Freezer sausage and mixed veggies casserole, fresh fruits and veggies
Friday:  I might whip up some Valentine's treats since I have the day off (I'll keep you posted)

Last year, my husband and I decided to stay at home for Valentine's Day.  We enjoyed the time together and made a heart shaped pizza, as cheezy as that is.  It is a great idea for those that don't need gourmet food for holidays.  I decorated up our table with a white bed sheet and some random decorations that I had from helping with elementary students.  We had a blast and paid only pennies for the evening.

We had wanted to travel, but couldn't stand paying the ridiculous prices they charge on Valentine's Day, so instead I got out our tent that we had gotten for a wedding gift and we "camped out" in our basement.  I completely decorated our vacation basement, a la It's a Wonderful Life.

Who says you have to spend a lot for love?



 A candlelight dinner for two.


If you would like to experience the heart shaped pizza :

First, pick out your favorite guy to spend the evening with.
Second, convince him that cooking can be fun.
Third, go here for the recipe for a pretty good pizza crust.  This is not the time to introduce him to a wheat crust.  You can also make homemade pizza sauce, or just buy some like I did last year (although since then I have made pizza sauce that I am still trying to perfect).
Fourth, spread the dough into a heart like shape, add sauce, cheese and all of your favorite toppings.
Fifth, bake and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails