Monday, February 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: 2/1-2/7 Hamburger Pie


It's Monday again, which means time to lay out my menu plan for the week.  I have to say that I actually have a tentative plan for the entire month of February!  In January I participated in the Eat from the Pantry Challenge, so I created a month long menu plan to ensure that I would have enough ingredients to last the month.  I ended up really enjoying having most everything already planned.  Therefore, this month I sat down and tried to create a tentative plan for the month and for my freezer cooking (I'll tell you more about that later).  Here is what I came up with for this week:

Monday:  Hamburger Pie (my husband's favorite and something he can make)-recipe below

Tuesday:  Crockpot beef and vegetables


Thursday: Leftovers

Sides include: lots of fresh fruits and veggies, salads, bread

Here's the Hamburger Pie Recipe.  It is about the simplest thing ever; my husband loves it and will make it.  It's not exactly gourmet, but I have to admit, it tastes pretty good!

Hamburger Pie Recipe

1 lb ground beef
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 eggs-beaten
1-1/2 c. milk
3/4 c. bisquit mix

Directions:  In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, drain.  Press into an ungreased 9" pie plate.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese. 

In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and bisquit mix just until combined.  Pour over cheese.

Bake at 400 F for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.


For more menu plan ideas, visit Organizing Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails