Saturday, January 16, 2010

Super Savings: Cheap Make-up and Cereal



As you may know, we have been participating in the Eat from the Pantry Challenge.  Each week I have been trying to keep our grocery costs below $20.  This week I was able to snag this deal at Kmart.  They are currently running their General Mills cereals on sale for 4 for $6.  I then used 4 $1/1 coupons and was able to get the cereal for only $.50 a box! 

My husband was even impressed with the deal.  He laughed at my excitement, but I told him that I only read about the couponing pros online getting deals like this, but for once I was able to snag the deal too!


My other "super savings" news is that you should go to your CVS and look and see if they have any of these green or red stickers in their cosmetic section.  My CVS had a bunch of the green 75% off stickers on a few of each type of cosmetic, and some of the red 50% off stickers on other cosmetics.  I would hurry because it seemed as if they had just put one on each type of item, so once the sale items are gone, they're gone.

I rarely buy cosmetics, but I had been noticing how clumpy my mascara was getting and that my blush was almost out.  I went to CVS because I had been so busy that my Extra Care Bucks were about to expire, and I was delighted to see mascara on sale!  I was even able to get the Revlon mascara for free because it was on sale 75% off for $1.99 and I had a $2/1 coupon.  So bring your cosmetic coupons, and check out your local cvs for red and green!

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be checking it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails