Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Market Update



If you have been wondering why I haven't been posting about New Market deals, here is the story.  A few weeks ago I went in the store as usual to scope out the deals for you, as well as take advantage of some of them for myself, and I started to check out.  I noticed fairly quickly that some of my coupons were only doubling and not tripling.  Then, the cashier nicely told me that only the first one doubles.  I was slightly confused, but after my last coupon fiasco decided to just not buy the extra things and figure it out later when I looked at my receipt. 

My receipt showed that none of the coupons had been tripled (just as I had thought).  I decided to email the manager to ask for their coupon policy and this was his reply:

For the Syracuse store:
  • Valid vendor coupons will double up to $.50, with a maximum value of $1.00.
  • During the specified triple coupon period, valid vendor coupons will triple up to $.50, with a maximum value of $1.50.
  • During the specified triple coupon period, valid vendor coupons with face value between $.51 and $1.00 will double, with a maximum value of $2.00.
  • One additional vendor coupon may be used per item that meets the purchase requirements and has a valid date. These additional coupons will be redeemed at face value.
  • In-store coupons and any vendor coupon that states “Not To Be Doubled” will be redeemed at face value.
  • Vendor coupons for beer, wine, or tobacco products will be redeemed at face value.
  • Catalina coupons may not be used until the next transaction.
  • Catalina coupons will be redeemed for face value only.
  • Catalina coupons may not be used with a vendor coupon or any other checkout coupon for the same item.
  • We will gladly accept internet or computer generated coupons.
For as long as I have been couponing for groceries (several months), they had evidently been running a special triple coupon promotion.  I just thought it was their permanent policy.  Therefore, I plan on blogging about their deals when they run their next promotion.  Until then, I will only blog about any really amazing deals that I find there (which will be difficult without triple coupons).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails