Monday, November 23, 2009

Freezer Meatloaf Tip

Tonight we had my very first meatloaf from the freezer.  Everything came out perfect except that I left it in the aluminum foil and just put the aluminum foil wrapped meatloaf in a pan.  When it came out it was stuck to the aluminum foil really bad.  It could be for a variety of reasons: I didn't use nonstick aluminum foil, I used very low fat meat and very little oil.  So in summary:

Tip:  When using meatloaf that you have frozen, grease the pan that you plan on putting it in, let the meatloaf thaw just enough so that you are able to remove the aluminum foil, be careful when removing the aluminum foil to make sure no small bits are left, and then put the meatloaf in the greased pan.

Despite my small set back, I am still after just two meals, a huge freezer cooking fan! 

**********************************
Do you have any freezer cooking tips?  Please leave them and a link to your blog in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails