Monday, April 20, 2009

Homemade Pizza

Today I decided to try and make homemade pizza. I have been so inspired by moneysavingmom that I used her recipe which you can see here. I was able to use pizza sauce which I got on sale at Owen's (owned by Kroger's). I used wheat flour instead of bleached flour and only a half a teaspoon of salt. It actually came out amazingly well! I have never made dough other than when I was really little, so I have been so proud of myself all evening. My dh didn't even mind the wheat flour. It made a really large pizza and we have a lot left. Leftovers are always welcome in our house as my dh works construction and burns a lot of calories. Many days he brings his lunch which is nice on the wallet and helps empty the fridge. Next time I will make a double or triple batch and freeze some. I'll post some pictures then. The extra bonus is it gives you a good arm workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails