Saturday, November 10, 2012

Goals for November- Keeping Priorities

Wow- we've made it to November!  How quickly this year has passed.  Soon enough it will be time again for new yearly goals and I'm already mulling over some changes, but not until then.

This month and I guess specifically next week is going to stretch me.  The end of the school trimester was on Friday, which means that I begin teaching three preps (different classes) for the first time ever.  I have to say that I am really worried.  I'm not sure whether I have it in me to prep for so many different courses.  I have been really trying to come home at a decent hour and have been doing alright and I am afraid this will be a set back.

The photo above was taken at my husband and I's baptism several years ago.  I believe it is very symbolic of the burial of the old life and the beginning of a new life.  In my old life I filled up every little ounce of time with stuff.  Work(school at that point) reigned above everything- even God and family.  It was/is a constant battle to keep Christ and family number one and I know this month will be a challenge.

However, God says "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you as well."  (I still sing it in my head the old KJV way)  I will do my best to pray that He will help me let go and let God.

I have been learning so much this last month.  While I grade papers at school I have been listening to Andy Stanley's Future Family series.  You can listen to it here.  Seriously he has a way of really bringing to life and to this day and age verses that I have heard my whole life, but have never taken action on.  Right now my marriage is amazing because of many of the verses that I have put in action by God's grace and I want it to stay that way.  The good news is that I will have a student aid for the first time ever,.....however it was a student aid that I don't know and that no one else wanted.  I will trust that God will make her a suitable helper for me.

October goals wrap up:

1. Keep Eph 2:10, Isaiah 41:10; Psalm 90:12, Proverbs 12:18, Hebrews 4:15-16, and Matthew 11:28 Colossians 3:23, and Ephesians 4:1-3.  Memorize 1 Peter 5:7  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  I was glad that I memorized that last verse because it really spoke to me this month.

2.  Work out 30 min a week.  Done!

3.  Visit each set of grandparents once.   To the best of my memory we met up with each one of them.

4.  Get caught up with the read through the Bible in a year.  Back on schedule!


November Goals:
1.  Keep Eph 2:10, Isaiah 41:10; Psalm 90:12, Proverbs 12:18, Hebrews 4:15-16, and Matthew 11:28 Colossians 3:23, Ephesians 4:1-3, and 1 Peter 5:7.  Memorize Proverbs 14:1 "A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman pulls it down with her own hands."  I know after being married so long that my husband's main love language is time.  The easiest way for me to tear down my house is to get caught up at work.  My focus this month is going to be keeping work in its proper place, which I think is a hard thing for any teacher because my work has faces.

2.  Work out 40 min a week.  I've already done this this week, so only a few more weeks.

3.  Visit each set of grandparents once.  This actually might be tricky with the holidays, but we'll see.

4.  Continue with the Read through the Bible in a Year.

5.  Create a money plan/goal sheet now that we are in the house.  I don't like just floating along without a plan, so we've got to sit down and figure out the new plan.  Because we had so many years of just saving where we had the same budget I think this has kind of through us for a loop- having a house with so many projects makes it difficult to create a set plan, but we do need to do it.

Good luck with all of your monthly goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails