Wow! June just flew by! I got a lot of my goals accomplished, :but I know I could have done more. I think I enjoyed sleeping in too much as usual. Here's a look back at my goals.
3. Visit each set of grandparents once. I was able to visit all, but one. The one that I missed I thought we would see at something at the end of the month and then missed her. I will try to go see her soon this week. However, I did visit with the other grandparents more than once:).
5. We are not at 97% of the goal because my school does lump sums in July, which I find odd. We are currently at 93.9% of the big goal, which I don't think is too shabby.
6. Follow Money Saving Mom's 4 weeks to a more organized home. I definitely fell off the bandwagon on this one. I did a lot of cleaning and organizing, just not by her schedule.
~Something that I didn't list, but am proud of is that I read through several books including Corrie Ten Boom's The Hiding Place, which has been on my reading list forever. I had seen the movie, but the book is even more moving. I also read through 365 Nights which I would count towards my goal of two wife books this year.
This month is going to be crazy. My husband and I will be out of the country for a significant portion of the month helping lead a missions trip with a large number of high schoolers. I also have quite a few professional development days planned at school which messes with things a bit. I'm going to try and list more specifics for this month.
1. Keep memorized Colossians 3:23, Matt 11:28; Hebrews 4:15-16; Proverbs 12:18, Psalm 90:12; Ephesians 2:10, Isaiah 41:10. Memorize Ephesians 4:1-3 "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." I believe that our group is going to really face unity difficulties because it is so large, so I am hoping to focus on this verse to prepare for the trip.
2. Work out at least 60 min a week while I am in the good ol' US of A. Hopefully I will push myself to do more. It has really been helping shape my thighs.
3. Visit each set of grandparents once. I am hoping to visit the grandparent that was missed last month early this month to make up for last month.
4. Keep up with read through the Bible chronologically in a year. I need to print out a guide to use while I am gone.
5. Honestly, I'm not sure at all where we will be at the end of the month. My husband will be taking a lot of unpaid days; I will be getting a lump sum of an unknown amount; we will be donating a very large unknown amount to help pay for stuff on the trip; so I will just be glad if we stay where we are for the month.
6. Print out Money Saving Mom's 4 weeks to a more organized home and check through the main goals for the day. I'm giving myself leeway that if I don't think it applies, then I don't need to do it. Also, I can pick and choose days. I want to work on this on "open days" in July (there aren't very many).
7. Complete 2 goals per open day from large list.
8. Post about painting lamps, table/chairs, and dresser projects. I'm proud of how they turned out and would love to encourage someone to take the plunge into painting.