Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New Car Rant


When I open my browser I always have yahoo finance pop up, mainly so I can check my stocks.  Well today it had a treat for me.  "New Cars Increasingly Out of Reach for Most Americans" is full of fun facts.  "According to the 2013 Car Affordability Study by Interest.com, only in Washington could the typical household swing the payments[of a new average priced $30,500 vehicle] the median income there running $86,680 a year."

I have to tell you my first reaction was, "GOOD!  Maybe then so many people won't be so dumb!"  My next reaction was that I should move to Washington:).  I seriously can't imagine paying that much for any vehicle even if I was a millionaire.

Now I could give a really really good rant on this subject, however I believe someone else has done a better job than I ever will.  You can read a really good rant here at mrmoneymustache.

Note to self:  Add in car financing into my Algebra II curriculum.  I try and sneak in what I call "financial common sense standards" in with all of the crusty state required standards and hide it under the guise of "math applications."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails