Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goals for 2012

Oh boy, we're almost at the start of a new year, which of course means a great time to make new goals.  Money Saving Mom has some great posts about how to make your goals, so if you are having trouble you should head over here.  I used her steps to make my goals for the year.  Here is the break down of my goals this year (not including my teaching goals- that would probably add 3 pages ;) ).

1.  Memorize at least 12 verses starting with Isaiah 41:10   
      Fear not, for I am with you; 
      Be not dismayed, for I am your God. 
      I will strengthen you, 
      Yes, I will help you, 
      I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
I decided on this verse because I have an extremely busy month ahead (my fault- if only I could say no), and so I believe this verse will really encourage me.


2.  Read at least two "wife" books this year.  I'm looking into When a Woman Inspires her Husband and Rekindling the Romance: Loving the Love of your Life.


3.  Visit with each set of grandparents once a month.  Visit each sibling (us driving) once in the spring and once in the fall.

4.  Visit long distance friends over the summer.

5.  Exercise.  This year I am breaking it down by the month.  Don't laugh when you read this- you have to remember that I currently don't really exercise other than the squats I do while my papers are copying at work (yes I am that crazy lady in the copy room).  I'm trying to be realistic this year.
Jan: 30 min/week     Feb: 40 min/week    Mar: 50 min/week   April: 60 min/week   May: 70 min/week
June: 80 min/week   July: 90 min/week   Aug:80 min/ week   Sept: 60 min/week   Oct: 60 min/week
Nov: 60 min/week  Dec: 60 min/week

6.  We reached our small goal this last year and we are currently at 77% of our goal (2% higher than my goal!).  My goal is to reach our big goal by October.

7.  Use this website to choose a Bible reading plan for the year.

8.  Tape my goals to our refrigerator (it isn't magnetic :( ).  Revisit once a month online.

1 comment:

  1. That is so true. As an author and business man, I can relate to how you said "Don't laugh when you read this- you have to remember that I currently don't really exercise other than the squats I do while my papers are copying at work". I hope more people discover your blog because you really know what you're talking about. Can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails