Friday, June 10, 2011

Whew! We made it!


Summer is finally here!  My last day was last Friday and I am just now getting a chance to write.  So many wonderful things have happened this spring and I hope that maybe I will get a chance to write about some of them over the summer.

Last year by the time spring break rolled around I was already making my list for the summer.  This year I've been a bit more behind.  I have been pretty much making my list as I go, which is normally not a good thing.  I am hoping that next Monday I will create a big "My Summer Goals List" to post up here to keep me accountable.

The main purpose of this post though has very little to do with any of that.  My husband and I will have been married 3 years!!! this July.  I just keep thinking how crazy that is because it has gone by so fast.  One of the things that I believe has made our marriage as great as it is are all of the books/classes/online audios on marriage that we have gone through.  I believe that we are naturally sinful people and without asking for God's help daily, we start only thinking of ourselves which causes us more pain.  God's plan for marriage is perfect - "Submit one to another".

This summer though I think I'm going to be sneaky and not tell him the challenge that I am involved in.  I am a huge Nancy Leigh DeMoss fan.  This winter she did a 30 day Husband Encouragement Challenge.  Today is day 1.  We'll have to see how this goes.

Part of today's challenge is to say an encouraging word about him to others.  I will be singing at the nursing home today- so I'll probably talk about him then.  However, it wouldn't hurt to say something nice about him on here.

I love my husband because he has had a lot of obstacles in his life and those obstacles are never going to go away.  Yet, each day he pushes through and succeeds despite the obstacles in his path.  And the best part is, he does it without drawing any attention to himself, there's no "look at what I did" when you are around him.

I challenge you to take part in this challenge with me.  Whether your marriage is good, bad, or ugly I believe this challenge can only help things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails