Monday, December 7, 2009

Easy Egg and Sausage Casserole


As the title of my blog states, I'm a newlywed and I'm frugal which means I mainly cook really (and I mean really) easy meals and try to use ingredients that I can find at low prices.  My mom used to make this casserole when I was growing up when my friends would stay over because she could make it the night before.  This is a super cheap dinner for us now because we get our eggs free from family members.  Also, this last week I was able to get sausage on sale and with a coupon!

Easy Egg and Sausage Casserole

8-10 eggs
2 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups mild shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb roll of ground sausage
6-9 slices of bread (cubed)
optional ingredients: green pepper, mushroom, bacon, ham, onion

Directions:
In a skillet, brown sausage on medium-high heat.  Drain grease.  Mix eggs milk and cheese together.  Add sausage and mix.  Add cubed bread.  Mix well.  Pour in a greased 9X13 pan.  Can refrigerate over night or place directly in oven at 350 F for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails