Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Incredible CVS trip!


In the middle of this crazy end of the school year rush, I actually had a bit of time tonight.  I decided after seeing Money Saving Mom and Freebie Blogger's amazing CVS line up this week that it would be worth my time to go over to CVS and I am so glad that I did.  This was the first time that I actually made more than a few cents from my transactions.  The final tally for the trip:

Before Coupons: a little over $32 (with tax)
After Coupons and $11 Extra Care Bucks : $3.76
Total ECB's earned: $17!!!!!

Items purchased: Carefree liners, Bayer aspirin, 2 Right Guard deoderant, 2 Crest toothpaste, Kotex U tampons, Dove Dark Chocolate bar, 3 Hershey Candy Bars

Side-note: I know that many of you use the envelope system and only use cash.  I think that is great.  Someday we hope to switch to that.  However, now is not the time to push that on my husband.  We currently use our Discover card for almost everything (and pay it off every month of course!).  If you happen to use Discover, use your rewards to get CVS gift cards.  I buy my newspapers using that card (and get a ECB every four times for using my green bag tag), and I haven't paid a cent for any of my CVS purchases in ages (not that I spend more than a few dollars).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not appear until the author has approved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails