Oh boy, we're almost at the start of a new year, which of course means a great time to make new goals. Money Saving Mom has some great posts about how to make your goals, so if you are having trouble you should head over here. I used her steps to make my goals for the year. Here is the break down of my goals this year (not including my teaching goals- that would probably add 3 pages ;) ).
1. Memorize at least 12 verses starting with Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
I decided on this verse because I have an extremely busy month ahead (my fault- if only I could say no), and so I believe this verse will really encourage me.
2. Read at least two "wife" books this year. I'm looking into When a Woman Inspires her Husband and Rekindling the Romance: Loving the Love of your Life.
3. Visit with each set of grandparents once a month. Visit each sibling (us driving) once in the spring and once in the fall.
4. Visit long distance friends over the summer.
5. Exercise. This year I am breaking it down by the month. Don't laugh when you read this- you have to remember that I currently don't really exercise other than the squats I do while my papers are copying at work (yes I am that crazy lady in the copy room). I'm trying to be realistic this year.
Jan: 30 min/week Feb: 40 min/week Mar: 50 min/week April: 60 min/week May: 70 min/week
June: 80 min/week July: 90 min/week Aug:80 min/ week Sept: 60 min/week Oct: 60 min/week
Nov: 60 min/week Dec: 60 min/week
6. We reached our small goal this last year and we are currently at 77% of our goal (2% higher than my goal!). My goal is to reach our big goal by October.
7. Use this website to choose a Bible reading plan for the year.
8. Tape my goals to our refrigerator (it isn't magnetic :( ). Revisit once a month online.